My Braces Journey

My Braces Journey

Monday, 31 January 2011

Waiting

It's been a while. Despite my best efforts, the lines on my left central incisor are back. They're not brown, just grey and probably not even that visible but I'm conscious of them. It's annoying because I clean thoroughly after eating and give that tooth a good scrub. They're very engrained. This is what my teeth were like just after the clean on December 13th and a few weeks later in early January. The lines started returning  just recently and I've no idea why.

December 13th

Early January
This dark picture from yesterday vaguely shows where the lines have come back. The bottom of that left incisor is slightly grey. The tooth next to it, which is set back slightly, is also getting lined again. Except for those two, I'm quite pleased with how things are going. My teeth are naturally more ivory than white but they've stayed a nice colour and the filling has bedded right in. The hard part now is having to wait. I'm not due back at the dentist until some time in May and am still to hear from the orthodontist.

Lines
My understanding is that the dentist sent a referral after the last appointment so I will get a letter at some point. I know it could take months but it would be much easier to wait if I had a date to focus on. I priced up some orthdontic supplies too when I was researching living with a brace and they've all gone up since the VAT hike. Anyway, this picture was originally of my teeth. It's my two front teeth in close up. I was fiddling with the photo editor to make it clearer and accidentally pressed something. This was the rather psychedelic result. I think it looks like a person reaching out and I love the spooky 'lights' in the middle so I've kept it.

Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment