That is the end of my upper wire which, when I cleaned my teeth earlier, flicked right out of my mouth and poked into my cheek. Am I possibly my orthodontist's worst patient? This is only day 3. The night that the braces were fitted, before I had even tried to eat or clean my teeth, there was a faint clicking noise and one bracket on the upper right began to wobble.
A whole day of eating and cleaning later, it was totally unglued and sliding along the wire but seemed to be clipped on securely enough to prevent it becoming detached. I left a message to book an appointment to fix it, as my first adjustment is not for 9 weeks and tried to keep the loose bracket firmly stuck down with wax, not easy since ceramic brackets are quite large and it was an awkward shape to cover.
Finally yesterday, I managed to bite it at the wrong angle while I was eating (ow) and it pinged off, taking the wire with it. The orthodontist took my message and I've got an appointment for this Wednesday so I am not going to try and get one any sooner. The bracket on the neighbouring tooth is still secure but the wire has detached from it and the end of the wire has come out of the clip on my second to last tooth.
Until I go to my appointment, I have tucked the wire back in and am holding it there with wax, which has covered the sharp end. It looks and feels fine although my teeth are not obviously under the pressure that they should be. Eating is not getting any easier, although I am getting used to how unpleasant it feels.
I managed to floss successfully for the first time with my threader floss, which has a hard end. I haven't had negative comments about cleaning my teeth at work, just a few chats about different people's time in braces and everyone has been so kind. I have been told my teeth have moved already (I don't think so) and even that I suit braces!
Last night was the worst, it was so constant and all-consuming. I couldn't think of anything else! It is still coming and going so I need painkillers every few hours. It is worst in the two teeth where the circle is above, as they seem to have a little 'bead' inserted between them to keep them apart. I'll ask my orthodontist at my appointment. It looks like I'll also be needing more wax. I found out when my orthodontist called back that he had struggled to glue this bracket and noted the problem in my file so my call was expected.


No comments:
Post a Comment